Sunday, July 29, 2012

Jennifer L. Armentrout Says It Better than I Can

Author Jennifer L. Armentrout just wrote one of the best articles in praise of book bloggers and their reviewing skills that I've ever read, and you can read it at her blog here.

Some of my favorite lines (these are Jennifer's words, not mine):

"Messing with a blogger's reviews is like throwing stones at someone's kid."

"The only time an author or a reviewer has a negative impact on an author, is when the author makes it into a negative thing."

Now go read the article right away!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved that post she wrote. Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was great! Book bloggers are totally changing the book industry and it's amazing. I haven't gotten a totally negative review yet, but I've gotten some mixed ones and was still super excited by the nice things those bloggers mentioned AND the insights into things I can do better next time. I honestly don't understand how authors can get so upset about negative reviews. In the publishing world, you get negative feedback from editors, agents, fellow students and teachers in writing programs--it's just part of the business.

    ReplyDelete