Saturday, November 17, 2012

Indie Giving Blogfest




I am so excited to be participating in the Indie-Giving Blogfest organized by the Indelibles, because I’ve been looking for the perfect opportunity to say how very thankful I am that I made the decision to go indie and become a part of the incredible online reading and writing community!  Going indie forced me to contact and interact with other indie authors, bloggers, and readers MUCH more than I would have otherwise.  It’s scary to ask someone to read your book, knowing they might hate it…but I’ve made so many new connections, online friendships, and found so many new opportunities as a result.  (Blog tour, for one!)  I’m so excited by the way indie authors are revolutionizing the publishing industry, especially in the YA/NA arena, and I’m even more excited to be a part of it!  I’m also very thankful to have an agent who gave me the confidence to put my book out there and supported my decision to self-publish it.  I still plan to pursue traditional publishing for at least some of my work in the future, but I will always be incredibly proud to call myself an indie author!

As for the giveaway…since there are so many exciting indie books out there, I’m giving away up to 15.00 worth of indie ebooks for kindle through amazon.  The winner will choose their books up to 15.00, email me a list, and I will gift them through amazon!  And if you need recommendations, I have a ton…too many to list here, in fact!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! Indie Authors rock! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic that you have such a supportive agent. And congratulations on publishing your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we've bought Defy the Stars in the recent past, are we still eligible or is it only for new purchases after this blog post?

    Thank you so much for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eva,

    I'd say if you bought it in November, you can be eligible. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete