Friday, December 28, 2012

New Book!

So I've been talking and talking about writing this New Adult book, and with another New Adult synopsis appearing on Goodreads every day hour, I figured I'd better get mine up there!  That's right, you can now read all about my new book PRECIOUS THINGS and add it to your to-read list here.

I'm really excited about this project, especially since I already have an amazing cover artist lined up.  Allie Brennan is also an author (she makes her own covers!) and you should definitely add her books on Goodreads, right here.

While I'm excited, I'm also nervous, because PRECIOUS THINGS is going to be VERY different from DEFY THE STARS.  PT is not written in verse, and in the opening sections I've written so far, my MC Isabelle has a more sarcastic, chatty, and...well...less poetic voice.  Unlike Julia in DtS, Isabelle doesn't see life through a musical lens.  In fact, at the beginning of the book, Isabelle is downright miserable...although I hope she expresses her misery in a somewhat entertaining way!  However, there will be some more poetic writing and *FEEELINGS* as the story continues.  My hope is that PRECIOUS THINGS will satisfy fans of DEFY THE STARS while also potentially appealing to a broader audience.  So with that said...I guess I'd better get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment