Sunday, December 30, 2012

Please Read This if You Own DEFY THE STARS!

Hi Everyone...

I'm so grateful that a reader just alerted me to an error in DEFY THE STARS that could affect your reading experience.  It's the wrong character's name in a certain place...I can't say more without spoiling it, but it's a highly emotional spot in the book, and I'm going to use that as my very poor excuse for why I didn't catch it.  And this just goes to show that no matter how many times you read through something and however many other readers you enlist to help you, you'll always miss something!  I am a perfectionist and it pains me to realize this error was there (and hey, there are probably still others no one's caught...), but I also know that no one's perfect and while I always want to read an author's best work, I'd rather read a good book with a few flaws than never read it at all.

The good news is, thanks to the miracle of modern technology, I'm uploading a corrected version to amazon right now, so starting tomorrow (maybe even late tonight) you can go to your amazon kindle account and upload a corrected version.  If anyone needs help with this, let me know!  And if you have a mobi or epub file from me, feel free to email me at thaliansmhc at yahoo dot com if you want a corrected one.  And again...



I hope everyone's having a wonderful last few days of the holiday!  I would say my New Year's Resolution is to make all my books perfect from now on, but as I need to continually tell myself...



Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I can honestly say I didn't notice, so no worries there. And I LOVE this painting!! Where can I get a copy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a relief! I just did a google image search for "mistakes are okay", so I'm not sure where you can get a copy...but I want one too! My wall needs it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie
    Thanks for plugging VerseDay. I haven't started reading DtS yet so if you want to send me a corrected ePub, I'll delete the errant one.

    I noticed mistakes just like that in major publications. One recently, but I can't remember what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I will send you a new copy! I notice mistakes like that in major pubs too...but in that case the author can kind of say it was out of his or her control in the end. With indie authors, IT'S ALL ON US! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete