Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Verse Day


One of the coolest things about the weekly Verse Day feature is discovering new authors and bloggers to follow, and this week it's Marcie Flinchum Atkins.  Marcie's post includes an elementary school lesson plan featuring the haiku anthology STONE BENCH IN AN EMPTY PARK.  I work with elementary school kids at an after-school program, and I do occasionally get to lead writing activities with them, so I will hopefully be able to use this!  You can check out the full post on Marcie's blog here.

2 comments:

  1. I have never actually read a verse novel. I have listened to a few on audiobook though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to start with a short (you can read it in under an hour) but powerful one, I'd recommend Dead on Town Line by Leslie Conner!

    ReplyDelete