Sunday, April 21, 2013

In case you were wondering...

Isabelle, the MC of my upcoming new adult contemporary Precious Things, is NOT a virgin.  So that's at least one NA stereotype the book won't fall into.




Things get slightly more interesting by Friday evening, when the first of two unusual e-mails arrives.  I’m hoping for a message from Jenny, but instead, the address in my inbox makes me flinch in shock: andrew.fallstaff@stanford.edu.  Andrew Fallstaff, as in my eleventh-grade boyfriend, who moved three states away a year ago and whom I haven’t spoken to since?  Stanford as in Stanford, California, as in Stanford University?  Andrew is at Stanford
I’m not sure what flummoxes me more—that Andrew is at such a great (and expensive) school, or that for some reason, during what must be his first few days of college, he’s suddenly decided to get in touch with me.  I guess we did date for almost a year, but when he moved the summer before senior year, I was honestly relieved.  Senior year would be about applications and campus visits, and college would be about academics and new people and maybe even a new me…and Andrew just didn’t fit into any of that.  The only thing even slightly significant about our relationship, at least from my perspective, was that I lost my virginity to him.  And my main reaction to that whole ordeal was to be glad it happened in the backseat of Andrew’s car instead of mine.

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie!!!! Gah, I need Precious Things right now. Your teasers are such teases! (Duh). But huhuhuhu, I need it nooooooow. Great job making us really REALLY excited for it! <3

    ReplyDelete