Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blog Tour: Homecoming by Cecilia Robert

I am so excited to be taking part in the blog tour for Homecoming by Cecilia Robert!  This is a highly original steampunk/paranormal novella, and I encourage everyone to give it a try.  You can follow along with the rest of the tour here.  Oh, and just look at this gorgeous cover...


Title: Homecoming (Cloaked Devices 0.5)
Release Date: October 25, 2013

**Mature Content Warning** 17+ for language and sexual content.

Five years ago, twenty-three-year-old panther shifter Sera Czedar left her home and her newly mated groom in a humiliating position after a mating ceremony gone wrong. She built a new life for herself in Varselles, the City of Outcasts where shifters exiled from their clans in the Seven Kingdoms can go for sanctuary. 

Five years ago, panther shifter Levian Grayson was abandoned on the bonding bed by his bride, Sera. After years of tracking her, he arrives in Varselles, intent on staking his claim on her once and for all, even if it means hauling her over his shoulder just to make sure that happens. 

Sera has always known her homecoming would eventually catch up with her one day. The one thing she can’t bear to do is hurt Levian, which will happen as soon as he finds out the reason she left him. Is she ready to take that path? Most of all, will Levian still want her when the truth comes out?


My Review

I’ve been reading a lot of contemporary fiction lately, so it was a wonderful change to read the imaginative, intricate world building of Cecilia Robert’s steampunk/paranormal work Homecoming.  The author calls Homecoming “a Cloaked Devices short story,” but I think that’s selling this book a little short.  Granted I am a slow reader, but I think this is definitely more of a longish novella/short novel, with a satisfying plot arc, character growth, and as I mentioned above, world building.

Homecoming is the story of panther shifters Sera and Levian and of how they reconnect after, five years ago, Sera disappeared the night of her mating ceremony with Levian.  Levian’s twin brother, Tegue, is also a major player in the story, and we soon learn that both the past and the present of Sera’s situation are full of secrets and complications.

We get both Sera and Levian’s points of view in Homecoming, which I appreciated not only because it allowed me to get to know both characters, but also because it introduced me to two very different environments within the steampunk world Cecilia Robert created.  Levian lives in Korskan kingdom with the other panther shifters, while Sera has fled to the Outcast City of Varselles—a fascinating, gritty place with underground fighting rings and lots of unsavory characters.

It’s fun to see how much Sera has changed during her five years in Varselles, and how she reacts when Levian finally catches up with her.  There is some steam, I’ll tell you that! 


While Homecoming is satisfying on its own and has a great conclusion, there are still many aspects of this world I want to learn more about, including the Cloaked Devices books Sera is working so hard to acquire.  I’m eager to read the next book in the series and find out what’s in store for Levian, Sera, Tegue, and everyone else we met in Homecoming!

Add it on Goodreads.

About the Author

I write YA, NA and Adult. My motto: Passion rules. I enjoy writing stories about people finding love in the most unexpected of places,and also about people finding their true purpose in life coupled with adventurous journeys, whether it's urban, fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary or paranormal romance. There's always a happy ever after, no matter how long it takes for the characters to get there. When I'm not working in my full time job, I don my supermom cape, or in most cases find myself trapped between the pages of a book in search for a hero who'll make me swoon with just a look or a word. My favourite form of therapy is knitting. Best. Therapy. Ever.

Follow Cecilia on her blog, her second blog (overachiever! :D), GoodreadsFacebook, and Twitter.


Giveaway



And I'll leave you with this beautiful quote...




3 comments:

  1. YAY! Thank you so much, Steph! So glad you enjoyed reading Homecoming, and thanks for taking the time to read and post! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so can't wait for the next book too! :)

    ReplyDelete